Re: Generating comps.xml

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:02:31 +0100
Alexander Todorov <atodorov redhat com> wrote:

> That would interfere with best practices and the group list found at:
> /usr/share/doc/rpm-$version/GROUPS

The Fedora best practices state that you have to have a Group: tag in
your spec, because rpm will barf it it isn't there.  However we largely
don't care what's there as it's not used by our standard tool set.
We're working to a point where Group goes away completely, as grouping
of packages is really an outside the package issue, so that people can
redefine groupings without rebuilding packages.

--
Jesse Keating