Re: Let's talk about some F9 (and beyond) features for anaconda

Hello list,
better late than never, here it goes:
feat: Configure yum .repo file based on installation source.

Justification:
After installation the only .repo files that are present are the one installed by rpm packages. They point to official Fedora servers for getting a mirror list. They are no helpful is installation is from unofficial mirror or a local one (e.g. LAN). In contrast when performing network installation with Debian, one is asked to choose a mirror and that's saved in /etc/apt/source.list This feature will save the time for configuring a .repo file after installation.

Implementation:
For http and ftp installs just take the list of configured repositories and dump it into a .repo file.
CDROM/DVD/hard drive install - N/A
NFS -N/A or some clever way to mount the NFS share, probably automount.
I would say N/A for NFS since http/ftp is the majority of installation protocols used I believe.

Q: Is there a substantial difference in handling http unified and split trees ?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Greetings,
Alexander.