Re: Generating comps.xml

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 12:24 +0100, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:07:51PM +0100, Alexander Todorov wrote:
> > You are right that default, mandatory and optional is hardly automated.
> > For that one needs a criteria of some kind (that is probably missing in
> > the RPM file).
>
> As the RPM group tag is just a string, you could probably even include it
> there, like with "Group: base(optional)" or "Group: kde-desktop(mandatory)".

But doing this misses part of the point, though.  By putting the
grouping information _outside_ of the package, you can easily change it
without having to rebuild the package.

And yes, you could change it even if you were doing like this, but I
think it would lead to even more confusion than there is today :)

Honestly, I'd rather have rpm not require the group tag and just drop
specifying it from spec files

Jeremy