Re: Partition resizing, take 2

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 07:53 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 11:10 +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > Very cool! This looks really promising.
>
> It's been a long time coming and is really pretty overdue

Well, I think it's pretty good work anyway :)

> > Most of my installations are done by kickstart. Therefore I'm now
> > dreaming about support for resizing using kickstart. Is this feature
> > planned?
>
> The hardest part about exposing it in kickstart is that the syntax gets
> to be ... incredibly painful with our current language for describing
> partitioning in kickstart.  Thus I'm not sure if it's really worth
> piling more on there.

I understand. Maybe I'll be able to propose some possible command
structure... ATM I can't get a real concept together yet. Lots of
options need/should/could be available. Writing a kickstart.cfg should
be as easy and straightforward as possible. I'll keep breaking my head
about it in some spare moments I have.

Niels