Re: Help needed with custom build

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 17:01 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
Trying to do a minimal respin with pungi on latest development system. I seem to be ending up with an initrd.img that cannot load any modules. That seems to be because the modules.cgz directory structure is:

Weird.  Haven't seen that at all; today's rawhide went off without a
hitch.  Did mk-images perhaps exit early?

Jeremy

Yeah, I still don't get it. Every time I run pungi, the modules.cgz (from images/pxeboot/initrd.img) contents path is:

modules/updboot.kernel.#####  (##### is a pid)

instead of

2.6.23-5.fc8/i586   (uname -r)

Now, I can see in mk-images where updboot.kernel.##### would come from, what I can't see is where the version/arch path would come from.

If I manually modify modules.cgz, things work, so the rest of the contents on the initrd.img are fine.

Looks like there is an "upd-kernel" script in anaconda that might do this, but I don't see this getting called any where.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion cora nwra com