Re: How can I set the order modules are loaded?

Orion Poplawski wrote:
I need to for the ata_piix module to be loaded first (before sata_promise in this case). How do I do this?

If you just load ata_piix "first", how about using the option
of "linux noprobe".

how to step
1.boot: linux noprobe
2.select ata_piix first
3.select any other module which is needed on your system
  (sata_promise, network driver and so on....)

thanks,