Re: Booting anaconda with 'quiet'

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 06:50:56PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> How useful are those kernel spew that shows up when we first boot up?
> Isn't booting with quiet a nicer experience?  Anaconda still dumps some
> spew before newt or the gui starts, but it's not nearly as bad as the
> kernel.
>
> Thoughts (before I prepare the patch)?

I think this is fine and it goes along with the rest of the things we are
doing in Fedora to make boot up look nicer.  It will make getting kernel
messages on problem hardware a little more troublesome for some people, but I
think it's ok because for the vast majority of people it will just result in a
nicer boot up sequence to get in to the installer.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell redhat com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI