Re: Change default kernel cmdline to make dracut only online the minimum of devices

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 13:35 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> So I would like to propose to add the necessary kernel cmdline paramters
> to grub.conf, to tell dracut to only online certain devices (those needed
> for /)

In my opinion, if this is done, it must be done asap. But I really think
it's a bad idea to do this now. I know it affects boot time for a small
number of users who don't reboot that often. Perhaps you have some
indicator of how bad that problem is?

Jon.