Re: [Fwd: Fedora 12 Installer Experience]

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Chris Lumens wrote:
Starting Install: long wait with no estimate.

There is a "wait" dialog there right, so what you miss is a progress bar ?

I don't think we have the information to estimate this.  What's
happening is that package headers are being downloaded so we can do the
transaction test, and I'm not sure yum provides us with the information
to know how much we've done vs. how much we have left to do.

If you're calling downloadHeader() for each pkg you have in the transaction then:
1. you know how many you have to download
2. yum gives you the download progress callback, same  as ever

-sv