Re: A stern warning of things to come

> I understand the problem about the magic growing initrd.  I'm not sure
> how we can address that (especially given our desire to use system stuff

Produce an example that excludes most languages+locales, such as:
   1) has exactly the six offical languages of the United Nations
      (Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Russian and Spanish:
       http://www.un.org/Depts/DGACM/faq_languages.htm)
or 2) has the only the language+locale of your favorite developer.

Such an initrd will be about 30% smaller.  Advertise this cost
of the "all languages" policy.  The result might be support for
a few editions (say, 4) that are restricted by language+locale
in order to reduce size.