install from usb disk without iso image

Hi,
I'd like to make an external usb disk bootable and install my system
from this disk. But i would _not_ like to copy iso images to the disk
but the content of the iso ie: images/ and Packages/ dir and a few
kickstart file. can i run anaconda to use the 'on disk' repo instead of
the iso? i can only find ftp, http and harddisk repo, but something like
file://.. repo definition would be useful.
thanks in advance.
regards.