Re: nfsiso

On Aug 12, 2010, at 12:35 AM, R P Herrold wrote:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Bryan J Smith wrote:

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 15:23 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
That said, I can and will live without NFS-ISO so long as an
anon FTP based install remains possible

What is the driver for considering its removal?
Would single-port, NFSv4-only support reduce issues?

Hello, Bryan

IANAHNBARHE --- look inward, angel

Following the IRC channel that the #anaconda developers use as an intercom, there is a clear mandate to push away text mode, and to pare down marginal case cruft. One assumes this is as refactorings for maintainability and narrowing the scopeI

I hadn't been following that. If text mode goes away I'd hope that serial mode is fully supported. Especially for headless servers and other situation where X fails to start.