Re: nfsiso

On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Bryan J Smith wrote:

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 10:49 -0400, Richard.Johnson wrote:
Satellite is a bit pricey for the low end.

I did state "SPACEWALK-satellite."  ;)

And I was also talking in the context of the "not Fedora" but
"downstream."  Anaconda changes have far-reaching effects downstream.

From the customer's perspective:
- The design should support a single reference to a complete, atomic
kit; such as an ISO
- Managing mount points and making sure they're available when the
server boots is a pain.
- I'd rather see anaconda do the mounting.
- It's not necessary that the ISO be NFS accessible.  An URL
referenced ISO would be a help; let anaconda fetch and mount as
necessary.

This requires a greatly increased amount of temporary space and/or
memory, drastically increasing complexity of the solution (i.e., I doubt
the Anaconda developers would want to move in this direction), and
removing some systems from consideration.

Sorry, I was dreaming of feeding the isofs with range-gets to simulate block-reads.

--rich