Re: giant initrd.img testing

> >-r--r--r--   1 root     root     99158752 Aug 23 14:05 usr/lib/locale/locale-archive
>
> My understanding is that we need this when changing to another locale, for
> basic character set stuff and glibc messages.

Right.

> We should reduce it to only those locales listed in lang-table using
> localedef.  That way we start with the one on the system and reduce it down to
> what is supported at install time.

Yes, reducing it is what I want to do.  A long time ago, we ran
build-locale-archive during upd-instroot to generate the locale-archive
file for just those locales we support in anaconda.  We quit doing that
at some point.  Now I just need to figure out if it's still possible and
if so, how we go about doing it.

- Chris