Re: futher adventures in initrd shrinking

> just to make sure, are there in initrd any hardware drivers which are not
> required for booting?

Perhaps, but that's hard to figure out.

/modules is 15 MB uncompressed and /firmware is 8 MB uncompressed.  So
while there's some savings possible here, figuring out what can go and
what can stay is tricky.  I am trying to stick to the obvious and easy
stuff for now.  If we have to dig in a little deeper and make harder
decisions later, if required.

- Chris