Re: futher adventures in initrd shrinking

> You'll probably get more savings from that than from translations. However,
> this is much more complex, as instead of just excluding a directory, you'll
> have to parse at least one of comps or the fontconfig files, to see which
> fonts go with which language.

/usr/share/fonts is 31 MB uncompressed, vs. /usr/share/locale at 55 MB
uncompressed.  I don't know offhand how those compare compressed.

But you're right - it's quite a bit more complex.  The good news is we'd
be doing it at image construction time which means a simpler language
available to do this complex stuff.  But let's not work on this unless
we have to.

- Chris