Re: metacity (a winning window manager, take two)

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 10:33 -0500, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > Is this planned for Fedora 13 or 14?  We're about to branch Fedora 13
> > away from rawhide, and we're already a week beyond the feature freeze.
> > A change of this magnitude really does feel like it runs afoul of the
> > feature freeze policy:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Policy
> >
> > so if you want it on Fedora 13, you'll have to follow the exception
> > process there.
>
> I think this is going to have to be F13.  I'll need this change as well
> to continue my work adapting anaconda/python-meh to use report.  Its
> window creation does not take anaconda's unique environment into
> account.
>
> Considering that anaconda is critical path and is going to have to go
> through the new bodhi process anyway, do we really need to also deal with
> feature freeze exceptions too?  It's not really a feature, at least not
> in the sense of something you'd add to the bullet point list on a box.
> It's more like replacing one implementation-specific thing with another
> and no one should ever be able to tell the difference.

Grey area.  Really the exception process is filing a ticket and getting
a couple nods, which I doubt you'll have any trouble getting.  I just
don't want this to be another case of @redhat getting to do whatever
they want (or at least appearing like it is that).  Red tape and all
that junk :/

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!