anaconda [parted] always overwrites the first and last 9k of a disk

Hi,

While investigating bug 561976 (fedora) / bug 566181 (rhel) I've found out
that anaconda always overwrites the first and last 9k of a disk (unless
the disk is completely unused by the installation).

This is caused by a bug in libparted's ped_disk_duplicate() function which
anaconda uses through pyparted (and parted itself does not use).

I'm using this wide "broadcast" mechanism to make people aware of this bug,
as it might very well explain some issues being seen with LVM too, if a
PV partition is at the end of the disk, this bug might corrupt the LVM
metadata.

Note this bug is present in older (F-12 and F-11) parted versions too! We
may not be hitting it in F-11 (not sure if we are using disk duplication
there), but we are definitely hitting this in F-12 too.

This is fixed in:
parted-2.1-4.el6
parted-2.1-5.fc13
parted-2.1-5.fc14