Re: metacity, take three

Ack for all three.

On 02/18/2010 05:39 PM, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
Take three,

this time using a default metacity theme and not relying on our hacks in
gui.py:

http://akozumpl.fedorapeople.org/metacity3_dialog.png
http://akozumpl.fedorapeople.org/metacity3_wait.png

Why does the titlebar show the 'down' icon: metacity looks for the
configuration of buttons to display at the top of the window into gconf.
This is failing, and apparently the down icon is the default. I still
have to figure out if its just the gconf XMLs missing or whether the
daemon doesn't work at all (I would guess it's the latter).
Alternatively we might also provide our own theme that disables all the
titlebar icons. I however think that once artwork people find out they
can theme anaconda they will want to use whatever is the gnome default
and then we either need to find a way of disabling the titlebar buttons
(through gconf if we can make it work) or learn to live with them.

At the moment I am not planning to go through a special feature
exception process for F13, as per
https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2010-February/msg00235.html

Ales