Re: Anaconda upgrades and bootloader options

Chris Lumens (clumens redhat com) said:
> > > This option will cause no changes to be written to grub.conf, but
> > > grub-install will still be run.  Whatever the kernel's %post script does
> > > will have happened before we hit the instbootloader step.
> >
> > If I'm being really picky here, this might be better described as
> > 'Update boot loader', as it's not touching the configuration file.
>
> That is picky, but more correct, yes.
>
> > What's the usage case for option #2? When would you *want* to run
> > grub-install but not change other config options?
>
> You want to update the installation of grub on the system to take
> advantage of whatever changes have been made to the package, but don't
> want to touch any of your configs?  I dunno.

It would seem that this second option is equivalent to choosing the first
option, and just picking whatever values you picked when you first installed
it. Allowing the user *on upgrade* to choose option #1 and choose a
different place is just offering them a way to break their system, isn't
it?

Bill