Re: [master] timezone: allow the user to type it in.

On 10/19/2010 06:51 PM, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
GTK currently does not suppoort search-as-you-type comboboxes, so this is
an alternative functionality, where we try to guess (using difflib) what
the user meant.

Cons: if he types 'Brno' which s-c-date doesn't know about, then 'Prague'
is not suggested automatically.

Pros: if you know your 'timezone city' you can just type it in quickly
(I'd argue most people in Europe know what their 'timezone city' is).

Related: rhbz#520631
---

I just want an "yes this is better than what we had before" kind of ack. Then a patch putting the searchbar and the combobox below into a nice table will follow.

A screenshot: http://akozumpl.fedorapeople.org/guess_tz.png

Ales