Re: proposal: anaconda networking UI change

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 05:56:56AM -1000, David Cantrell wrote:
>  On 10/20/2010 05:24 AM, Radek Vykydal wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I've got some (very welcomed!) remarks and ideas on network
> configuration UI in
> > Anaconda from James Laska, plus couple of tricky bugs, which made
> >me
> to suggest
> > this change of networking UI.

[snip -- mutt seems to have mangled the quotes]

In general, I like the idea of depending on NM for the network
setup/editing/etc.

On the page where we now launch the NM editor we probably need a summary
of what's been activated that also shows what will happen on boot. A
listing of all the possible devices will just be a duplication of the
network manager stuff.

Maybe a short 'what to do here' blurb in place of the list when nothing
has been setup.

I don't think we need to add a panel, that's going to take away from the
flow of anaconda and possibly introduce lots of asynchronous places for
users to go and change things unexpectedly (ala liveCD style).