Re: General Patching/ Development Inquiries

On 09/01/2010 04:39 PM, James Condron wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to patch the behaviour of the --recommended switch for assigning swap; at our site we have a different set of requirements/ different set of rules for maximum swap sizes. The problem is that whilst my patch works and builds (I'm rebuilding the RPM we're using on site on our PXE server) and looks right enough, it isn't actually behaving as it should; it is still using RAM + 2048 when RAM is at size n. (I cant remember off the top of my head what n is in the default build.

Hi James,

the easiest way to test patches in the anaconda python code is using the updates= kernel boot parameter, see "updates" here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options

You can create such image using scripts/makeupdates or scripts/upd-updates.

Ales