F16+ stage2 vs. network setup and driver discs

Hi,

with the plans to remove text UI/loader and split the images in two again I was wondering who will do the "stage2" fetching?

Because if it is loader (or any new flavour of it..) we will still get what we have now (language, keyboard, drivers, network,  stage2). If we do that graphical, we will have a big initrd (Q/A text mode might actually work for people).

If we plan on using dracut to do that, how are we going to support network configuration and new hardware to the extent we do now? Is it possible to integrate some setup and driver disc app right before dracut starts with networking?

We need to keep support for configuring stuff like iBFT or new drivers (including network ones) from all possible sources because of RHEL..

--
Martin Sivák
msivak redhat com