Re: [rhel6-branch] Copy /etc/multipath/wwids to the sysimage.

On 08/12/2011 04:25 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense if copy_to_sysimage just took a rootPath
parameter, defaulted to "/mnt/sysimage", always?  Then callers could
decide whether to pass anything or to pass anaconda.rootPath.  I'm not
so much a fan of having required arguments without values that will
result in errors, even though I'm sure I have done it many times.

I sent a new patch where the function only takes root_path as you suggest. As for the default value: currently there is the 'anaconda.rootPath'. The existence of this variable would seem to suggest that it can point anywhere though in practice we know it is always '/mnt/sysimage' now. So the correct thing to do would be removing anaconda.rootPath and have a constant somewhere instead and then the default value of the new parameter would be this constant (or better: the method would take no parameters). But using '/mnt/sysimage' as the default denies the existence of anaconda.rootPath and treats it as a constant already.

(I also have this radical opinion that the anaconda object should be a singleton so we can stop passing it around all the time.)

Hope you like the new patch.

Ales