Re: anaconda.rootPath -> pyanaconda.constants.ROOT_PATH

On 08/18/2011 09:51 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
You alluded to this in patch #2, but I didn't see a real answer.  Are
you able to completely remove anaconda as a parameter to functions now?

Yes! And I am planning to write myself a simple parser (or use python-lint or similar) that finds those functions automatically --- since anaconda.rootPath no longer exists I can just detect if a function still uses anaconda.something and if not then the anaconda parameter might be superfluous. (doesn't hold for overloaded functions for example but it is a good first seed).

Even better, can you keep going up a level and removing anaconda as a
parameter to functions that only required it to in turn pass
anaconda.rootPath?

Those will be find the same way as above: when 'anaconda' was only used for 'anaconda.rootPath' such reference is now gone and the anaconda parameter is unused.

So it is going to take a couple of iterations and I will probably miss places but getting rid of a variable when we know it's a constant should be a good thing by itself, no?

Ales