Patches for f16-branch

Patch 1 is just to keep us from crashing when we encounter an md
array we cannot handle. A better fix is planned, but not a priority.

Patch 2 is a hack to make grub2 do our bidding.

Patch 3 is a cleanup. Previously that function would return False
for non-gpt disks, which requires additional handling by the caller.
Now no attention is required unless you get a False return value.