Re: [LORAX 0/6] Add livemedia-creator to lorax

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 05:56:01PM -0800, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> From: "Brian C. Lane" <bcl redhat com>
>
> The wait is over. I think this stuff is now in good enough shape for
> others to start using it and providing feedback. The README.livemedia-creator
> file attempts to document things, or failing that, read the source :)
>
> The idea behind this is to integrate all live media creation (isos, disk
> images, ami images, appliances, etc.) into lorax and anaconda. In its current
> state it will create bootable iso's which can be installed if you set
> LIVE_BLOCK=/dev/loop1 before running liveinst. See the README for more info and
> for future plans.

This all looks totally reasonable. I like the direction we're heading
here - unifying where we're building our images and such - but we still
have a good deal of cleanup/polish work to do. Stuff like:

- moving config files and templates into their own directory structure
- using less kickstart %pre/%post magic
- making the standalone 'lorax' binary work again
- cleaning up logging a bit

But as long as we're all in agreement that there's work to be done -
push it to master and let's get to hackin'!

-w