Re: [lorax] Split compression into separate methods; use xz to compress initrd

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 03:22 -0500, Martin Gracik wrote:
> Why do you want to remove the gzip python module calls, and replace them with an external call to gzip?

Mostly just for consistency with the other compressor call - plus it let
me remove an 'import' and a few lines of code, plus it would make it
easier to replace gzip with another compression program like xz. Except
module-init-tools only supports .gz files. So.. yeah. Not that useful.

I'll send a much smaller patch that just does the xz compression.

-w