Re: lots of feedback on the test-list

On Mon 03 Dec 2012 02:09:20 PM EST, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
On 12/03/2012 06:44 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Once we explain the layout I think people get it, but they're definitely
not understanding it when they see it.

If you have to explain the layout your doing it wrong...

The previous custom partitioning screens also had to be explained (in a lot of detail)
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-diskpartitioning-x86.html

so, by your logic, it was also "doing it wrong"

Changes to long-standing interfaces with many quirks are *always* going to feel weird and different to the people that have used them for years. However, re-training these expert users out of the quirks is much easier than having to train new users about quirks all the time.

regards,
ryanlerch