Re: Enterprise storage support in Anaconda for 18

On 12/03/2012 08:03 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 17:30 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
Greetings

Based on Chris note in [¹] "

* Put advanced storage (filtering, multipath/iscsi/zfcp dialogs) back in."

It would be good to know for us in QA to what extent ( if any
gui/textmode/kickstart etc ) enterprise storage support is in F18 since
the lack of it affects the following final criteria [2]

"6. The installer must be able to complete an installation using any
network-attached storage devices (e.g. iSCSI, FCoE, Fibre Channel) "

1.https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2012-November/msg00072.html
2.http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Final_Release_Criteria
Also, would be useful for the docs team - I think Johann intends to pass
this info on to them once he has it.

Yup

In other iscsi news we ( me,Tomasz and Chris L. ) have also been working on getting the migration for iscsi [1][2] to native systemd units over with upstream ( Mike ) as I had mentioned earlier in November here on this list, which should land in rawhide sooner rather than later ( Chris is working on the last remaining bit dracut integration ).

JBG

1.https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/open-iscsi/A2VyFt1OaY0
2.https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!topic/open-iscsi/YcNw9I63Eoc