Re: Anaconda threads and Yum with rpm backend

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 08:20 -0500, Martin Sivak wrote:

> The question here is.. how hard is it to modify Yum to isolate the chroot away from the user (Anaconda) and it is feasible for F18?

 Is it possible for F18 ... no.
 How hard is it for F19 or so ... not sure, I would assume that if you
_just_ did the transaction (and made it a configurable option, thus. not
having to die to backward compat.) it might be manageable and would be
at least as easy as containing all of yum from within anaconda. But
there are a lot of status things that need to come back.