Re: Hostname setting in UI?

On 12/10/2012 07:32 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
I guess of those four suggestions, (1) is the one I dislike the least.
Maybe someone else has better ideas.

If using an hostname is an must then arguably the correct behaviour here is to never allow the user to manually set on and stick with doing a reverse lookup on the either manually or automatically provided ip address.

If it returns an hostname then set it if not dont since the users dns setup is broken.

JBG