Re: Hostname setting in UI?

On 12/10/2012 11:32 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:
>> we still don't have hostname setting in new UI.

> (1) We could add it to the network spoke, make it required, and then
> display the network spoke up front if DHCP didn't give us a hostname.
> The biggest problem I see with this is making the hostname entry widget
> obvious enough that the user knows that's what we are asking for.

I like this option because specifying the hostname as the DHCP_CLIENT_ID
is a common usage for smaller networks.  So asking for the hostname
and propagating it as default for DHCP_CLIENT_ID would help me.
I often boot several systems (one at a time, in sequence) on the
same hardware, so the map from HWADDR to hostname changes often,
and the DHCP server does not know the correct answer unless the
client specifies it.