Re: Hostname setting in UI?

On 12/12/2012 09:25 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Dec 12, 2012, at 1:39 PM, David Lehman <dlehman redhat com> wrote:

On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 12:17 -0800, John Reiser wrote:
Just give notice the first time: "warning: hostname has not been specified;
using `foo' in VG name instead"
Ick. I think it's possible to do something 80% sensible 80% of the time without tapping the user on the shoulder with a giant billboard sign for something ultimately fairly low priority and inconsequential.
Don't second guess me.  I don't like losing 36%  (1.0 - 0.8*0.8).
The consequences last a long time (until the VG is deleted.)
There's always vgrename. Believe me when I say I'm not interested in
joining this argument -- I just wanted to note the option to rename your
vg post-install.
What about putting Hostname on the Configuration > User Settings page (during install) underneath Root Password?

Where will the high level hostname as in "my laptop" fit into all of this ( which arguably in the distant future people would want to set at install time )?

JBG