Re: [newui] Summary of boot device selection IRC discussion, Friday 3 Feb

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 11:45 -0800, John Reiser wrote:
> Beginning in Fedora 17 the installer runs in 512MB RAM, so the primary
> reason for the intermediate device is no more.  Yet the ability to
> create such an intermediate device, or more generally to do an install
> to a "remote" drive, still is valuable for cases where there are issues
> with connectivity, capacity, performance, etc.  Old laptops come to mind.

And it still would be an option in this proposal. Just not the default.
We'd make it a little harder as to not snare the majority of folks who
really don't want an unwelcome surprise of a non-functioning laptop
after removing a seemingly innocuous USB stick.

~m