Re: Fedora 18 issues with translations and keymaps

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 14:04 -0800, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
> Just setup the keymnap so virtual console can be setup properly. It
> means just adding tables.  By the way, it worked from Fedora CORE to
> Fedora 17.  What has happened?

What happened is that no-one wants the responsibility of maintaining
such data any more: we dumped system-setup-keyboard. anaconda's stated
position is that i18n wisdom like 'what keyboard layout to use in what
situation', 'what locale maps to what language' and so on and so forth
should be pulled from some common 'upstream' repository, not be part of
our downstream stuff. F18's handling of i18n stuff is completely
different from, and intentionally more simplified than, F17's.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey