Anaconda package and gnome requirements

Hi,

the new firstboot (inital-setup) will require anaconda. That will cause all anaconda dependencies to be pulled into the installed environment. And KDE or Xfce based installs will get a lot of unnecessary gnome clutter this way.

So I would like to know where exactly do we need Gnome specific packages (metacity I know about.. are there any others?) and if we can remove those pieces to anaconda-gnome subpackage or lorax itself.

For example with metacity, we could require only window manager alias instead (like the old firstboot does). Both Anaconda and inital-setup will then use that alias to start it's window manager (which would point to metacity in Anaconda and to whatever is installed in inital-setup). Lorax will make sure that the proper window manager is installed and configured in the installation environment.

--
Martin Sivák
msivak redhat com