Re: Anaconda change suggestion with firstboot change suggestion

I am not sure how to proceed.  I am an end-user and I would like to suggest a change to move a function from anaconda to first boot.

That function is the software installation. Generally, with anaconda, on smaller systems, a total selection of software in a category (gnome and its additions), results in a lockup due to out of ram space.

If DE and the related software was moved to first-boot, there is the potential to use a user's slash tmp, and to allow non-mutual exclusion of software selection. Furthermore, at this stage, the software that will be downloaded will of course be the most current.

Has any thought been given to this approach in the past?  Has this approach any merit. It would make for a smaller anaconda.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE FEDORA LINUX SYSTEM.

mailto:lsatenstein yahoo com
alternative: leslie satenstein itbms biz
www.itbms.biz  www.eclipseguard.com