Re: [usability test] Need feedback on LVM & RAID task diagrams

On Jan 23, 2013, at 4:06 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org> wrote:

> LVM:
> http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Usability/Tasks/LVM-Config.png

This makes complete sense, I'm able to understand what I need to do to create this and there seems to be no ambiguity.

> RAID:
> http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Usability/Tasks/RAID-Config.png

I agree with bcl. I suggest "8 GB drive" and "6 GB drive".

And to make things clear in the divided boxes above:

4 GB RAID 1 (mirror) array
3.5 GB partition
500 MB partition
4 GB RAID 1 (mirror) array
2 GB partition

And honestly, I'd add two zeros onto everything. As long as the virtual disk image isn't preallocated, and allowed to grow dynamically, it won't bust the volume its stored on. But such sizes are a more realistic test.

Chris Murphy