Re: Anaconda change suggestion with firstboot change suggestion

Hi Martin

I do not believe the idea to move the installation of DE to first boot has negative impacts except for live CD's. I am not saying it should be done anytime without a thorough evaluation, say around Fedora 21 or 22 (2 years hence).

What else could get pulled in with First boot execution to achieve that change, and is the change worth it?   In the past, with other distributions doing network installations (as we did with older Fedora versions), the latest version of the file and dependencies were pulled in, so there was no two stage operation.  We built an up-to-date distribution.

Today (F18) we do an install from DVD without pulling in updates, and then in stage 2, we do a yum update. This must persist because a kernel change or kernel library may be pulled in and screw that process up.

Ask your peers what they think of the idea. I do not need recognition for the idea, except if it goes forward and  something goes wrong.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE FEDORA LINUX SYSTEM.

mailto:lsatenstein yahoo com
alternative: leslie satenstein itbms biz
www.itbms.biz  www.eclipseguard.com