Re: Help with Anaconda changes

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 20:20:23 -0700,
  Ravindra Kumar <ravindrakumar vmware com> wrote:
Thanks Leslie. I think spins are using CD and I think Anaconda does not need to be modified in that case because it installs everything from CD and CD has only selected packages for the spin.

I'm thinking of following approach to cover all types of install.

1. Always install open-vm-tools, basically add it to the core packages.
2. Remove this package after installation if not running inside a VM on VMware.

Is this package really a requirement to run on vmware? If it is just a covenience, I think it makes more sense for it to be selected by whoever is doing the install.