Re: SYSLINUX boot in F19

On 06.05.2013 23:48, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 08:10:19AM +0200, poma wrote:
>> updates=http://mattdm.fedorapeople.org/updates-f19-extlinux.img extlinux
>> Could not find kernel image: menu.c32
>> boot:
>> Could not find kernel image: menu.c32
>
> This is fixed now in a newer (but same URL) updates.img.

Appreciate. :)

To conclude.
After successful installation extlinux's default kernel is the 'rescue'
one, unlike the grub's.[5]
However, both boot's schemes do work:
kernel [/boot]/vmlinuz*
initrd=[/boot]/initramfs*
Anyhow a standalone initrd entry is more legible than an appended one,
to me.
There is some timeout at the end of the installation, just before
rebooting, unlike with the grub.[4][3]
After all, grub is good reference, right. :)
There is a picturesque display how to take up installation accompanied
by the extlinux, if it isn't so obvious.[2][1] :)
At the very end, I've mentioned before anaconda showing: "Pane is dead"
which is repeated even with your 'updates-f19-extlinux.img' - extracted
and then assembled via:
anaconda/scripts/upd-updates update-extlnx.img
run/install/updates/pyanaconda/bootloader.py
run/install/updates/pyanaconda/flags.py usr/sbin/anaconda
How do you manage to do it, may I ask?

poma

http://goo.gl/G5ShD