Re: Grub installation. First potential Fedora killer

On 01/06/2014 02:04 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 22:52 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
<snip>
Well, hum, it doesn't look hard at all, in fact, at least a simple
version. See attached patch (untested, but what could possibly go
wrong?!). I'm not subscribed to anaconda-patches-list ATM, but CCing
anaconda-devel-list to see what the anaconda devs think. I think it's
reasonable to install a config file and device.map when 'skipping'
grub2-bios bootloader install, especially given our standing advice to
people who want to do chainload-style multi boot is "skip bootloader
installation then setup configfile booting after install".

FWIW, I do part of what the patch does without the device.map part by going to tty2 and then chroot to the installed system and manually install grub where I want it and then create the appropriate grub config files.

Seems it would be easy to incorporate into the installer.