Reworking the Keyboard spoke

Hello everybody,
in the lifetime of Fedora 18, 19 and 20 there have been some serious
issues identified in our Keyboard spoke. The main issue is that with a
one-level layout selection, it is not possible to list keyboard layouts
for multiple languages (thus e.g. Belgian layout was not listed as
Belgian, but as Dutch, because those two languages both use the layout).
The other issue is that it's not obvious which of the layouts will be
used by default (as the VConsole keymap) and last but not least it is
not possible to preview the layout before adding it.

For those reason, I've started thinking and working on the new version
of the Keyboard spoke. The following link shows what I have right now:
http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/reworked_keyboard_spoke.png

Issues I'm aware of (and didn't make implementing them today):
* there should be descriptive labels visually splitting the screen into
two parts (something like "Available layouts:" and "Keyboard
configuration:")
* the default layout should be bold
* layout switching label should be more visible (italics?)
* the + and - buttons are probably not so catching as they should be
  - Should the testing area and treeview with added layouts be swapped
    and the +/- buttons replaced with the up/down arrows?
  - or should they be marked as important and thus have the blue colour?

Suggestions and comments welcome!

--
Vratislav Podzimek