Re: Reworking the Keyboard spoke

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 08:53 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 13:33 +0100, Vratislav Podzimek wrote:
>
> > > 2. If you're looking for a language which is part of one of these
> > > 'multiple' entries and isn't the first one, how are you going to find
> > > it?
>
> > Explained above -- those are not 'multiple' entries on our side, but
> > language names coming from the iso-codes package.
>
> OK, so I was wrong - so, um, apologies for being dim, but what is it
> exactly that the new design does to improve the Belgian case, then? I
> can't quite see it. How would the experience of finding the Belgian
> layout work in this new design? Thanks!
With this layout, there is the "Belgian" language and the "Belgian"
keyboard layout under it. So is the "Dutch; Fleming..." language and
"Belgian" keyboard layout under it as well. With searching enabled on
the language selection if one starts typing "Belg", the selection would
go to "Belgian" and they could easily choose the "Belgian" keyboard
layout.

--
Vratislav Podzimek