Re: Reclaim Space - shrink an LVM logical volume?

I ended doing the resize manually from a Live boot before running
liveinst.

I disagree that this is an "uncommon" thing to want to do.  I'd rather
do a fresh install than an upgrade, but I'd also rather keep the old
version around in case I need to boot back to it.  When I install my
own systems, I accomplish this by using custom partitioning and
leaving empty space in the LVM VG and room for an extra /boot
partition.  But if this wasn't planned for in advance, one needs to
resize the existing root LV.