Re: Introduction and RFC on kernel cmdline based kickstart-file generation

Am Freitag, den 28.03.2014, 21:19 +0000 schrieb Colin Walters:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Fabian Deutsch <fabiand redhat com>
> wrote:
> > Because you don't need another "hosting" option for a kickstart.
>
> Would opening up the initramfs and injecting a kickstart into it be an
> option?  See:
>

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2010-October/msg00072.html

Yes, I also thought about delivering a kickstart somewhere. But this
will leave us with one default.

But a user probably wants to provide it's own rootpw or ip addr.

What I could imagine is, that we provide a ks with sane defaults, and
the user just uses the cmdline to set com directives to cusotm values
(like the rootpw).

- fabian