Re: On disk repos, anaconda, and Installation Source

On Fri, 2019-06-14 at 13:58 -0500, Pat Riehecky wrote:
I noticed an unexpected behavior in Fedora 30.

The net install disk for Workstation ships with the 'fedora-cisco-openh264' repo on the media.  However, the repo is not listed under the 'Installation Source' spoke.
Looks like it comes from the fedora-repos package:

$ rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-cisco-openh264.repo
fedora-repos-30-1.noarch

I think that's the repo file for the Open H264 change:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenH264

Should this repo be loaded into the addons list?

I suppose this is a bit of confusion based on this comment [1], vs the actual behavior where only `.treeinfo` repos that are also on disk get enabled [2]

Thoughts?

Pat

[1] https://github.com/rhinstaller/anaconda/blob/master/pyanaconda/payload/dnfpayload.py#L1144

[2] self.addons seems to be populated via __init__.py and what it finds in `.treeinfo` I think.
https://github.com/rhinstaller/anaconda/blob/master/pyanaconda/payload/dnfpayload.py#L1235

--
Pat Riehecky

Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory