Re: btrfs mkfs options for root filesystem?

On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 11:36:34AM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Anaconda requires a new subvolume for / but doesn't require a
> reformat. The Custom UI shows the / mountpoint's reformat checkbox
> grayed out and checked, which might give the impression that whole
> partition will be reformatted. It's confusing but just a cosmetic UI
> anomaly.

Oh -- so I shouldn't have pre-created the subvolumes? I did, and assigned
them, and that's what happened. If I remember right, the subvolume
checkboxes were grayed out and not checked, but I couldn't leave the top
level volume (what do you call that?) unchecked and proceed -- I got an
invalid configuration error.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm fedoraproject org>